previously owned by John Buszard
1962 Seven Series Two SB1403
1962 Lotus Seven Series 2 purchased in 1969,
originally with 1340cc Cosworth engine (3 bearing Consul Classic engine
with Cosworth head). Original small size off-set petrol tank (allows
larger cargo area). VIN # SB1403. A genuine Series 2 with original
- Tested and repaired chassis and roll over
bar by Racing Frames (Universal Radiators) who built the original
chassis for Lotus Components (Original Chassis number on original cross
- New body panels by the Alert Motor Works
who had built the original body for Lotus Components
- New wiring
- Updated to Series 3 spec with:
- Ford back axle (massively strengthened)
allowing reasonable differential ratios. I have two differentials of
- Series 3 wide rear wings
- 1600 X-flow engine
1980Uprated before moving to Canada
- 1965 Lotus Elan Twin-cam engine and gearbox
Rebuilt by Vegantune to their 150 bhp spec
- 14" Revolution Wheels with 60 series tires
fitted in 1985
- Stainless exhaust
- Vegantune Twin-cam properly rebuilt with
new block; new crank; forged pistons. Slightly more powerful now!
- Head properly rebuilt with new valves;
- Gearbox rebuilt with new bearings; new
synchro; new selectors.
- Rear suspension trailing rods and bushes
- Two "A" frames, one modified with spherical
bush (fitted) in place of rubber bushes.
- New front suspension vertical links and
bushings. Larger disks and calipers (GT6) fitted. New front tires
2003New rear tires (Yoko
- Regularly run 3 or 4 times a year at
Sprints and Hill Climbs in the UK during the 1970's. Mainly ran AMOC
events at Whiscombe and Curborough.
Some slaloms and hill climbs in
Quebec in 1980's.
- Soft-top and tonneau.
- Has been used by myself on the road every
year since 1969